12.07.2009

Polymyositis

(This post is under construction)

I'm still working on writing about the condition that dictates my life. Yes it tells me how much to do, how much to eat, how much to sleep... and if I don't listen to it, then my body shuts down and I have to be in bed for awhile. It may sound like a doomed life, but once a learned how to deal with it, I get to do all that I need to. Right now God has given me 2 children to take care of. I get the enough energy to do this task. And what else should I be doing? Children need someone to take care of them while they grow. Without Polymyositis, I would be somewhere else, trying to be a astronaut, president of the nation, or who knows.... but not being a full time mother. What is polymyositis?

Polymyositis is a disease of muscle featuring inflammation of the muscle fibers. The cause of the disease is not known. It begins when white blood cells, the immune cells of inflammation, spontaneously invade muscles. The muscles affected are typically those closest to the trunk or torso. This results in weakness that can be severe. Polymyositis is a chronic illness with periods of increased symptoms, called flares or relapses, and minimal or no symptoms, known as remissions. Polymyositis is slightly more common in females. It affects all age groups, although its onset is most common in middle childhood and in the 20s. Polymyositis occurs throughout the world. Polymyositis can be associated with skin rash and is then referred to as "dermatomyositis." It also can affect other areas of the body and is, therefore, referred to as a systemic illness. Occasionally, it is associated with cancer or with other diseases of connective tissue. **Pictures taken by my son, he took them on 2009 when passing by Charleston, West Virginia. I thought they go with the under construction writing project of the subject.

No comments:

Post a Comment