11.27.2009

Thanksgiving




We had a very busy Thanksgiving, it was not supposed to be like that. I had cooked turkey some weeks ago, and the kids were not so crazy about it, so I decided to have pizza, not just pizza, it was going to be pizza with cheese in the crust, the kids really like this type of pizza.

.
The plan was to just stay home, play board games, video games, go for a walk then eat diner, pizza, pumpkin pie,drink egg nog and maybe watch a movie.


The pizza store didn't answer the telephone and I thought it was closed, so I started to make my own pizza, I did not have tomatoes for the sauce, I had to go buy some.

While I made the dough and the sauce, the kids were playing video games. Then went for the walk to Nolan Trail, the weather was so nice, that the kids wore short pants. we were not the only ones out there, many other families were walking and enjoying the beautiful day.

Then a friend called me and invited me to go to her friend's church dinner. We accepted the invitation of this dinner, that was happening in 2 more hours, we had to hurry back to the car, went home, and got ready, I could have said no, but I said yes, and now here I was in a mad rush, the day I had planned to just take it easy.


I'm so glad we went to this dinner the food was delicious, and the people were so nice. Most of them were Spanish speaking, from Dominican Republic. The kids teamed up with other kids and had a good time running around the church, playing hide and seek, "exploring" the building and hiding from grown ups.

This was a day to give thanks for our blessings. I have so many, I don't know were to start. I'm thankful for my kids, I feel so privileged that God has given me the opportunity to see them grow and guide them. I'm thankful, for my family, my church, my friends, my peaceful home...














And I really what to show off this card that a friend sent us. They call us good people? I'm truly blessed!

We give thanks to you, O God, we give thanks, for your Name is near; men tell of your wonderful deeds. Psalm 75:1

No comments:

Post a Comment