6.24.2012

Rainy Day


I love birds! And I'm against keeping them in cages!

So, what do I do to get close to them? I feed them.  I have a feeder beside my kitchen window. And that's how I get close to them.

I've seen pictures of people feeding birds from their hands. That's something that I soo want to happen to me. But all the times we (my daughter also dreams of feeding birds from her hand) sit out there with bird food in our hands, the birds won't come!

To take pictures of them, I turn off all the lights and get as close as I can to the window. I also took a couple of slats out of my blinds.


Robins are fun to watch! They stand still for little bit, and then they take off and start tugging out earth
worms.

























Since I'm a gardener, I know the importance of having worms in the soil.  Sometimes I get mad with the robins for eating my worms. I made a deal with this one. He posed for my blog picture, and I let him have some of my worms.  :)




Pictures from a rainy day back in March.

I have posted many other pictures at my Facebook page. If you have an account, click here for 2011, and here for 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment