7.08.2014

Weekend Fireworks

Because hurricane Arthur went through our area 
the fourth of July fireworks were rescheduled for Saturday.
There are fireworks closer to where we live,
 but we like to drive to Norfolk to watch the fireworks there.

In Norfolk Mermaid statues can be found throughout downtown and
 in neighborhoods. Some old, some new. Some in front of businesses,
 schools, hospitals and even at some homeowners’ yards.

We go early so we can enjoy sitting with the crowd and eating the good food
that is sold at  the Waterside, this time even a lizard came!



Many people came wearing patriotic T-shirts, clothes and accessories,
oh how I wish I could have taken pictures of them!
I did manage to snap a picture of this lady, I love her blanket!



And then came the fireworks! 










Here is a picture of Nauticus and the USS Wisconsin from up in the parking lot. 
I had to take a picture of the USS Wisconsin. It was my last command in the Navy. 
 Many times I have joked that my daughter and I worked in this ship together, because that's where the
 Navy sent me when I was pregnant with her. 



Here is my proof, I have kept this sticker for a long time! About time I have a chance to show it off!
They used to give them away to the kids that came to visit the 




Sharing with you and Our Wold Tuesday


5 comments:

  1. ¡Gracias! Thanks for stopping by and leaving your kind comment, Mexican single mom! ;-)
    I think you enjoyed your fireworks, although you just experienced it through the viewfinder (or screen) of your camera!
    Regards from Germany, Uwe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Buena fiesta para el 4 de julio!! Y buenas fotos Leticia.
    Razón tienes cuando dices que trabajasteis las dos en el barco... Tú, con más esfuerzo que ella ;))
    Buen jueves.
    Un beso.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great photos! So sad about Arthur, isn't it?
    I love the wee toad, too!
    (ツ) from Cottage Country Ontario , ON, Canada!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous photos of the fireworks. Well done, I think it's hard to capture such good images of fireworks.

    ReplyDelete