12.25.2009

Christmas Eve / Celebration In Lights

It's our tradition to go to the Celebration in Lights at the Newport News park, after church on Christmas Eve. I took my camera, to take pictures at every light, but found out that I'm not there yet. This photographer needs to learn many things about taking pictures. I need to keep reading the camera instructions. These are some of the pictures that came half way decent. We have gone to this place for at least 8 years and when we came to the lights about the Civil War all I heard from the kids was "Look, the flag!" Not, this year. This time they started to talk about history, why it says Once Divided, Forever United, about Abraham Lincoln, and stuff about the Civil War.
These kids have grown. I'm glad the pictures came some how good.USS Monitor

CSS Virginia (formerly the USS Merrimack)


No comments:

Post a Comment