1.30.2013

Chromodynamics

I'm so excited about the new additions to the kitchen of my Nebraska apartment!  

The additions are these towels, the little ones to clean and the larger ones to dry hands and dishes.


I took this picture by the window that faces the back of the apartments. The birch trees give me a great view.  Most  of Nebraska has a grey color, but I get this beautiful warm view from a couple of birch trees in the back of the apartments. I'm so grateful for it!

I also got some other tools. My kids stopped using bottle long ago! But I have been using tall glass jars when I make kefir and this bottle brush comes really handy at the time of cleaning them. 
I thought this blind cleaner was neat to have, instead of cleaning one by one, I will clean two at the time.


I'm currently reading a really neat book called The Photographic Garden
If you know me, you probably have seen my garden pictures, and maybe noticed that I like to take pictures in the morning or in the evening.
I seldom take pictures in the middle of the day.

Here is a picture of my garden sometime in the spring of 2012.


I'm not a photographer, but wish to be one, a good one.
I feel like I have a long way to go, to be comfortable of taking pictures with the blasting midday sun.

 But this guy is a photographer, and for what I have read, so far, he also takes pictures early with the morning light or late with the evening light. For me, that's comforting to know!

But we are talking about kitchen stuff.
And going back to it, I will quote some lines from The Photographic Garden  that got me inspired to put some color around this apartment:

"...The colors of morning and early evening are mainly in the red spectrum, and include values of red, orange, and yellow.
These warm colors act almost universally on the visual and we perceive them as comforting, stimulating, and energizing...
Shooting in the red spectrum holds psychological sway over us, and the garden image, bathe in the warm light of daybreak, will always beckon and stimulate.  It will pull us in.
Your image need t be an invitation, an evocation of paradise..."

This is what I want to feel when I see my kitchen. And colors do the job, they brighten the pile of dirty dishes and pull me in to get going with the cooking.

Here is one of the pictures of how Nebraska looks like in the winter.
A little yellow, but not enough. And all that grey makes me want to be under the covers all day long!
I have no problem with it, but kids get hungry.
I need do the chromodynamics.


But I will not blame  all my winter chaser-color behavior to this beautiful view.
  I go through this hunting for color situation every winter!
  Here is what I did some winters ago when I used to live in Virginia.



No comments:

Post a Comment